While we might conceive dogs to be a member of our family, dealing them in such manner at mealtimes could cause more harm to them than simply messing their dinners. Let’s have a look at the 5 most dangerous foods could kill your dog, how they trouble them, and things to do in cases of emergency. Even an affordable dog food ensures complete and balanced diet for Fidos.

5 Foods Could Kill Your Dog

1) Grapes and Raisins


Grapes and raisins can likely cause damage to dog’s kidney. Also a minimum count of the fruits might cause fatal and permanent issues in some dogs. Make sure that if you’re having raisins or grapes near your pet, you should be careful not to drop any on the floor. Keep in mind that even only one fruit could cause big harm to your furry buddy.

2) Chocolate


Whilst it necessitates a large amount of chocolate to be fatal, minimal amounts could make your pet rather sick. Panting, diarrhea, tremors, vomiting, hyperactivity, abnormal heart beats and seizures are symptoms that your dog has managed themselves to have some chocolates. Intensity of the symptoms differs based on the amount of chocolate your pup has consumed. White chocolate is the least risky and dark chocolates are most risky, because of the level of toxins they have.

3) Alcohol


Still not belongs to food class, alcohol needs to be mentioned as it is. Your pet should never be allowed or given access alcohol, which can result in neurologic signs, low body temperature and low blood pressure, amongst other issues. Be specifically suspicious of unbaked desserts, rum-soaked cake is a nice example and yeast-bread dough too.

4) Xylitol

5 Foods Could Kill Your Dog

Encountered in candy and other foods that are sweetened by artificial means, Xylitol might cause pups to have a serious drop in blood sugar and liver damage. Based on the ingested amount, Xylitol causes low blood sugar in not more than 15 minutes and vomiting as well.

5) Garlic/Onion


If consumed in huge amounts, garlic and onions can cause the devastation of RBC’s (red blood cells) and make way for anemia in pets, says Dr. Wismer. Though the amount of the dose decides the level of intoxication, reduced appetite and lethargy can be signs of a deadly reaction. Don’t hesitate to call a veterinarian as soon as you notice such symptoms.


    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *